A Journey To Ladakh: Hemis Festival Special
“Traveling—it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.”
- Ibn Battuta (1304-1369), one of the greatest travelers of all time.
13 days… 2500 kms … 18380 ft … What would you call a roadtrip traversing some of the highest motor-able passes in the world, India’s northern most village, highest saltwater lake in the world, second coldest inhabited place in the world, three different terrains and three distinct cultures, possibly accessible for only three months in a year?Come get Leh'd with us on an epic 13 day road trip across cultures right from Srinagar to Chandigarh. The journey is a true visual treat to the eyes, and will be a life changing one, we promise!
Top 6 Experiences:
1. Experience the highs and the lows as you cross as many as 7 mountain passes throughout the journey. Just the way life is!
2. Be a part of the vibrant Hemis festival, the largest and most important festival in Ladakh that takes place in the courtyard of the Hemis monastery.
3. The people of Ladakh are the friendliest! Come be a part of their lives, enjoy authentic home cooked Tibetan meal, share interesting stories with each other and take back a smile on your face.
4. Turtuk is on our map for it is as close as you can get to Pakistan from India. Though a part of Ladakh, the village has a culture unlike the rest of Ladakh. Curious? We love it!
5. Not only the monasteries in Ladakh are rich in architechture but also help you get up-close and personal with the monks residing there. They will be happy to introduce you to their way of life, Buddhist beliefs and culture. Seek your spiritual side by being a part of their meditation session.
6. Imagine the freezing temperature, the warmth of the bonfire, laughter and giggles and the view of the gleaming Pangong Tso from your campsite under the moonlight starry sky! What more could one ask for?
12th July - 24th July 2016
For more details:
The Nomadic Wanderers advantage:
• A trip planned in a way that you experience the lenght and breadth of Ladakh in the best possible way with significant savings on flights
• Stay in boutique properties in Srinagar, Leh and Old Manali while traditional homestays with locals in the remote regions of Ladakh
• Travel comfortably in Tempo Traveller/Xylo based on final group size
• Full time English speaking guide from Day 2 to Day Day 12
• Small group of like minded travelers
• Slow travel i.e. explore the place at your own pace
• Solo traveler ? Fret not! You can now join our group & connect with other solo travelers in the group
• Complete pre-trip guidance
The Nomadic Wanderers,
The Nomadic Wanderers
Tue Jul 12 2016
At 12:00 pm