Umbrella Painting Workshop for Kids
Kids love getting wet in the rains. But this year, you can get them to love their umbrellas more!
Plus a fun, wet, colorful session of playing with color and their very own umbrellas is great way to start the monsoon season. The workshop is conducted by a textile artist and faculty member at Sophia Polytechnics Art and Design Department. The children will use simple techniques to create their own designs and patterns. With loads of ideas and tips from the Instructor.
Since you can’t start anything on an empty stomach, first up is a classic monsoon snack. Followed by another classic, a selfie session with your white umbrellas and paints. The instructor will demonstrate how you can play with colors which includes splashing, dribbling, wobbling, and with textures - this is done by twisting and turning the umbrella to create a background.
And now it is your turn to make it rain. The idea is to have fun with colors, and create an abstract design that’s absolutely unique. The instructor will help you with the final touches to complete your beautiful umbrella. And we’ll end the workshop with an umbrella photo shoot.
What you get
• A full-size white umbrella
• All art supplies required for the workshop
• Things to know
• Participants must be between 5 and 15 years of age.
• This is an open-air workshop.
• Besides being hands-one, it is very legs-on as well, as you need to stand while painting your umbrella.
• 5 days prior to the event- 50% cancellation fee.
• Less than 5 days- 100% cancellation fee.
Shivaji Park Gymkhana,